2 tablespoons smoked paprika 2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1¼ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
¾ cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 (2-pound) first-cut brisket, trimmed
- To make rub, mix together paprika, chili powder, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in
- To make basting sauce, stir together vin- egar, Worcestershire sauce, oil, and cayenne in 1-cup glass measure; stir in 1 tablespoon of Transfer ½ cup of sauce to cup; reserve.
Pour remaining sauce into large zip-close plastic bag; add brisket. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat meat. Refrigerate, turning bag oc- casionally, at least 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to low or prepare low fire us- ing indirect
- Pat meat dry with paper towels; discard Pat reserved rub all over meat; put in large foil pan.
- Put meat in pan on cooler portion of grill Grill, covered, turning occasionally and basting with reserved sauce, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meat reg- isters 190°F, 3–3½ hours.
- Transfer meat to cutting Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice across grain into 24 slices and arrange on platter. Pour pan juices over brisket.
PER SERVING (ABOUT 3 SLICES): 120 grams, 215 Cal, 8 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 59 mg Chol, 466 mg Sod, 5 g Total Carb, 2 g Total Sugar, 2 g Fib, 29 g Prot, 28 mg Calc.
PointsPlus value: 5